Monday, October 25, 2010

Fireplace

I am the first to admit that I am getting a bit tired right now. You may have guessed so by the lack of posts this month. Between school and extra-curricular activities, packing and last minute house decisions I am ready to move on. Except that our last move was pretty horrific so I am not exactly looking forward to the moving part. For the most part I would be content just to stay in our current house and visit our new house every once and awhile to admire it!

And then something exciting happens at Ocean Oasis and I feel re-energized and really excited about moving on. That something exciting is our fireplace. Like many of our light fixtures, our fireplace is something really special and personal to us. As John's Dad was involved in our lighting my Dad is involved in our fireplace. He made us this absolutely beautiful mantle out of yew wood and it has finally gone up. It weighs about 2 tonnes (well, it feels like it does) and is almost 8 feet long. They built two pillars to help hold it up and Rob and Anne are going to cover them with the same rock work that is on the front of the house. It is something very special and something we will be able to look at and enjoy every day. Thanks Dad!





1 comment:

  1. That... is one beautiful piece of wood. I am jealous!! Please tell your dad to get to work on mine... thank you!

    ReplyDelete