Wednesday, October 20, 2010

For My Birthday I Received...

A driveway, new kitchen cabinets, a kitchen sink, and deck railings!

Now before you all inform me that one of my gifts is defective, with a gaping hole in the middle let me explain. We were super worried that the large driveway would take up the entire front yard and just look like one big hunk of concrete. John is also worried about drainage. When I mentioned this to Foreman Dave he came up with a brilliant idea. He suggested that they make an extra form (or more if we wanted) and put them throughout our driveway. This way they wouldn't put concrete in those forms and we could fill the empty spots with something else to break it up. John and I aren't totally sure what we are going to do with the diamond in the centre of our driveway. I would love grass but it would probably get pretty trashed. We thought maybe some more of the K2 stone, or even crushed gravel. We are open to suggestions if you have them. So my gift isn't really defective, it is just a little unique.








3 comments:

  1. What about a tree or some flowers or a flowering shrub or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe some nice paving stones? They might drain? However if you want green and durable (and pleasant smelling) try creeping wooly thyme... it is really low growing, great in/on walkways and such, every time you step on it, it smells lovely and is pretty durable... that said, I don't know about driving on it, but walking and bikes are fine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for a fish pond. A really deep one.

    ReplyDelete